Smart Meter compatible web portals
Electricity companies AGL, Origin Energy, Click Energy, Jemena, United Energy and SP AusNet have launched Smart Meter compatible web portals.
Web portals can help households and businesses better understand their electricity usage by providing energy consumption data. This means that households, through a Smart Meter, can access their energy use information online and track energy consumption.
My AGL IQTM is a new website that gives residential and small business customers the ability to track their energy usage, set goals to help lower their energy bills, and save on their energy usage with practical steps and targeted advice.
This website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be accessed from PC, smartphone and tablet devices. It caters to most residential and small business customers for gas and electricity, including customers with Smart Meters and traditional meters.
To access My AGL IQ AGL customers need to visit the AGL website and register for AGL Energy Online.
Origin Smart is a web portal available to Origin Energy customers who have an active Smart Meter installed.
Origin Smart is an online display that shows customers visibility of how much power their household is using on a daily basis. The web portal also provides projected costs based on current energy consumption, and allows customers to set usage goals and monitor their household's progress.
Origin Smart allows you to:
- See when your energy is being used
- Project your usage and costs based on your current usage
- Customise it to your household
- Set cost and CO2 savings goals
- Compare your energy use to other households
- Get expert energy efficiency advice
To sign up and see if it's available in your home, visit Origin Smart.
Click Energy's online portal AskFred is available for all Click Energy customers in Victoria who have a Smart Meter installed. With AskFred, customers can gain a better understanding of their electricity consumption habits and help them take charge of their energy usage.
AskFred can assist customers to:
- analyse their energy usage in detail (either in weekly, daily or half-hour increments)
- see their electricity consumption data based on dollar, kWh or CO2 value
- compare their household consumption to similar households
- set energy usage goals
- see a projected bill based on current electricity usage.
For more information visit Click Energy.
Jemena's Electricity Outlook web portal is available to all Jemena customers with an operating Smart Meter.
Electricity Outlook displays a customer's electricity data online and includes features such as a home energy assessment tool, which enables households and small businesses to monitor their electricity consumption.
For more information visit Electricity Outlook or contact Jemena on 1300 131 871.
Jemena's distribution area covers north-western Melbourne.
SP AusNet’s web portal, myHomeEnergy, enables their customers with an operating Smart Meter to monitor and manage their electricity consumption and costs.
Current features of myHomeEnergy include:
- accessing electricity use and solar export data
- estimating bill costs
- setting electricity budgets and tracking progress
- comparing electricity use to similar households in their local area
- downloading applications for Apple iPhone/iPad and Android smart devices to conveniently view your account
SP AusNet’s distribution area covers outer northern and eastern suburbs of Melbourne and eastern Victoria.
Energy Easy allows customers to track their daily, weekly and seasonal electricity usage − helping customers to understand their electricity consumption patterns, set consumption targets and access electricity saving tips.
Energy Easy can be accessed using a computer, smart phone or tablet by customers within United Energy's region who have a Smart Meter.
United Energy's distribution area covers east and south east Melbourne, and the Mornington Peninsula.