Smart Meter compatible web portals
Electricity companies AGL, Australian Power & Gas, EnergyAustralia, Origin Energy, Powershop, Jemena, United Energy and AusNet Services have launched Smart Meter compatible web portals.
Web portals can help households and businesses better understand their electricity usage by providing energy consumption data. This means that households, through a Smart Meter, can access their energy use information online and track energy consumption.
With this more detailed information about your energy consumption throughout the day, you can make more informed decisions when considering new electricity plans.
My AGL IQTM is a new website that gives residential and small business customers the ability to track their energy usage, set goals to help lower their energy bills, and save on their energy usage with practical steps and targeted advice.
This website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be accessed from PC, smartphone and tablet devices. It caters to most residential and small business customers for gas and electricity, including customers with Smart Meters and traditional meters.
To access My AGL IQ AGL customers need to visit the AGL website and register for AGL Energy Online.
EnergyAustralia’s eWise portal is a free online tool to help residential electricity customers understand how they use energy around their home, can reduce their usage, and benefit from real cost savings on their bills. By comparing similar homes in similar areas, the eWise portal can help customers take control of their energy.
By registering for the eWise portal, EnergyAustralia customers can:
- view a breakdown of usage by household appliance
- compare usage to similar homes in their area
- create a savings plan
- compare bills
- get energy saving tips
- access the portal 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- monitor electricity usage by year.
Eligible customers with a remotely-read Smart Meter can also forecast their bills for the quarter and monitor their electricity usage by day or by bill.
Customers can register for EnergyAustralia’s eWise portal at www.energyaustralia.com.au/ewise
Origin Smart is a web portal available to Origin Energy customers who have an active Smart Meter installed.
Origin Smart is an online display that shows customers visibility of how much power their household is using on a daily basis. The web portal also provides projected costs based on current energy consumption, and allows customers to set usage goals and monitor their household's progress.
Origin Smart allows you to:
- See when your energy is being used
- Project your usage and costs based on your current usage
- Customise it to your household
- Set cost and CO2 savings goals
- Compare your energy use to other households
- Get expert energy efficiency advice
To sign up and see if it's available in your home, visit Origin Smart.
Powershop’s customer portal makes it simple for customers to get the most out of their smart meter data. The portal allows customers to:
- know exactly how much they are using and how much it will cost them
- make smarter electricity purchases
- identify sources of waste, like the faulty beer fridge, the leaking hot water service or the 24 hour pool pump
- pay for their electricity how and when it suits them
- choose if and how they would like to offset their environmental impacts.
The Powershop customer portal can be accessed through a computer, tablet, mobile phone or via Powershop’s smartphone app. For more information visit www.powershop.com.au.
Jemena's Electricity Outlook web portal is available to all Jemena customers with an operating Smart Meter.
Electricity Outlook displays a customer's electricity data online and includes features such as a home energy assessment tool, which enables households and small businesses to monitor their electricity consumption.
For more information visit Electricity Outlook or contact Jemena on 1300 131 871.
Jemena's distribution area covers north-western Melbourne.
AusNet Services’ web portal, myHomeEnergy, enables their customers with an operating Smart Meter to monitor and manage their electricity consumption and costs.
Current features of myHomeEnergy include:
- accessing electricity use and solar export data
- estimating bill costs
- setting electricity budgets and tracking progress
- comparing electricity use to similar households in their local area
- downloading applications for Apple iPhone/iPad and Android smart devices to conveniently view your account
AusNet Services’ distribution area covers outer northern and eastern suburbs of Melbourne and eastern Victoria.
Energy Easy allows customers to track their daily, weekly and seasonal electricity usage − helping customers to understand their electricity consumption patterns, set consumption targets and access electricity saving tips.
Energy Easy can be accessed using a computer, smart phone or tablet by customers within United Energy's region who have a Smart Meter.
United Energy's distribution area covers east and south east Melbourne, and the Mornington Peninsula.